Friday, April 3, 2009

WHERE I AM LED MY BOOTS WILL FOLLOW


Just went to an awesome concert of Chris Tomlin and Israel Houghton on their Hello Love Tour. My whole family and parents went including the two boys with the exception of my daughter who chose to stay with one of her bestfriends, oh she is growing up too fast ! We had a blast! It was packed and people are on fire to worship and praise God. I grew up watching concerts, shows and plays.  Childhood memories with my dad bringing me to Kuh Ledesma's concert at the Folk Arts Theatre when I was 8. We went to Barry Manilow's concert and fell in line for hours and only saw half of the show. He also brought me to the countless ones including Menudo, Air Supply, Earth, Wind and Fire,and many , many more. During my high school and college days I was a mainstay of Music Museum and Music Hall just hanging out with The Tux, Martin and Pops , Gary V., Regine V., Apo and Side A band. I dreamt of once being in the theatre arts and maybe PETA.  When I got married , we spent a lot of time watching Broadway shows as well and it got a bit old after awhile and I guess just got caught with my other responsibilities and money spent on entertainment was just not going to fit in the budget.
 Though there was also a time in my life that I just did not want to watch anymore and had to many excuses and sort of lost my enthusiasm to do so. I just wanted to hibernate and stay where I am it is just a comfortable life for me . Let us say, I lost some hope, since I am growing old maybe I just needed to stay reserved. Until God opened another horizon this year. Lost hope, found hope. This time it is double the excitement to pursue the God given talents into the media stream.
I got these boots last year and boy they do feel comfortable . I wish I can wear them all year round! These are the boots I was wearing when I slipped and fell and hurt my neck and back for a week. But still love them! In life we wear different shoes . And shoes are needed to protect . Anointing . To make us comfortable.  Provision . To match our clothes. Grace. High heeled ones make us look taller. Dreaming big . They can cause us to stumble and fall also.  Failures. It can help us to walk or run .Endurance. Maybe jump and leap.  Victories. Work boots. Discipline . Winter boots. Waiting . Boots for rain.  Storms . Boots for gardening. Sowing. Hiking ones . Obedience.  Leather boots . Warmth. We might one moment be in another persons boots. Compassion. They make all kinds nowadays with different features to whatever need a person has. It just made me realize that no matter what kind we have, we are still the ones wearing them and they cannot move without the feet inside . Our feet is controlled by our mind. Mind sends signals to muscles . Muscles make it happen . We will be conformed at times to stay where it is predictable and just lose hope to perfect and chase a talent or gift . May it be in our career. Our family. Or just plainly our everyday walk. But things do not work that way. My boots are cozy but God directs our path. He is in control. Step by step He leads. He will show great and mighty things and introduce people to influence us in a great way. There might be times when the road is rugged and weeds need to be taken out. Or times it is smooth and wish we just get stuck on this. Or times when someone can just hurt us so bad and step on our boots. Forgiveness. It can cost us a lot when it is not on sale . Surrender. 
Life has many paths. But in the path I will choose, where God leads my boots will follow.

Merce Beaucoup

Merce Veneracion
Photo of boots taken in our backyard , Tennessee
Nikon D80

No comments:

Post a Comment