Friday, April 17, 2009

THE SPRING YEARS


These I count the sweetest days 
Spring years of my life have just begun
Palm trees so tall and as they sway
Tasks and masks are not yet done

Bright light and cars on my sight
Never worry , If I may or if I might
Parchment and pens just aside
Things and good, I should abide

Pigeons , as they fly
Be merry and never cry
Man and woman is always on the side
Guilt and feelings that I should hide

And I will spend my pining years
As life has me addressed
And I can say throughout my yeas
That I have been truly blessed


This poem was written at the time that I lived with my grandparents in California. I was homesick , new with everything, missed my family in Manila and Mel. Studied for the board exams . More lifestyle adjustments. God was gracious. I was truly loved by my grandparents.I love them too. They took care of me. I love California. I left my part of my heart there. Precious memories. Spring entailed hope for me that I will pass the exam. That I will see my family. That I will see Mel. Hope that everything shall come to pass. God is the bearer of hope. If we focus our eyes on Him, we will not grow weary and we will finish the race.


Merci Beaucoup
Merce Veneracion
Photo taken with Nikon D80

No comments:

Post a Comment