Sunday, March 29, 2009

SPRING IN MY MIND


I brought my children for about four months to the babysitter and as I pass by this street, these trees caught my eyes . I saw it during winter and saw it sprung . It brought forth memories of me and my husband waking up a bit earlier to prepare the kids as we bring them to Nanay Buhay. I prayed to God to give us grace during this  season of our life which entailed physical endurance that meant lesser sleep and rest . My boys are growing too fast . I can still recall having only two hours of sleep , having them almost like twins . We made it and it was a matter of discipline . Spring is the season of the year between winter and summer during which many plants bring forth leaves and flowers. It is a time when people clean up their garages as I am doing now my spring cleaning. It is a time when I wonder how come I have accumulated so many stuff I do not need at all and need to get rid of. It is the season when everyone feels the vibrant energy to go somewhere and do something. Iam in the mood to make my abode look good and presentable. No more heavy clothes and boots. No more cold spells for now. This reminds me of spring in my life is a time of renewal . Thoughts of new growth and regeneration . I yearn for the water for my thirst that flows from the stream of the Almighty Father. It is about transformation and not conforming to the patterns of the world but blooming as what we were planted to be , not with one flower but with countless petals to whom which the Lord may be exhalted and lifted up. Making up my mind to change as only the blood of Christ can really cleanse my soul. Clean not just my stuff but every bit of stuff I have put in my mind and my body. The year of 2008 was good but this year will be better! And I surely know I cannot do this alone and I need Him. Through the people who can really be accountable to me.  Mel and I made a treaty that we will remind one another to  read God's Word faithfully everyday. and pass it on to our children and  put it into action . Mel is my bestfriend and he is accountable to me as Iam to him.
Iam looking forward for my spring in my mind . Are you ready for yours? If not, it is never too late . Ask God to change you!



Merci Beaucoup

Merce Veneracion

Photo taken with Nikon D80 
Dexter Rd., Cordova, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment